From ‘The Karate Kid’ to ‘Kung Fu Panda’, martial arts have always been a very popular theme in the realm of cinema. At some point or the other in your life, you all must have felt a strong desire to experience the energy and accuracy of stylish martial art forms like karate, judo or kickboxing. However, if you really want to pursue your desire and become a martial art exponent, you have to learn two things thoroughly:
- It takes many years of both physical and mental discipline to achieve the state of harmony required for mastering martial art forms.
- It is not as easy as it seems in the movies. So do not just try random feats of action. Get proper help.
The right kind of training is fundamental while learning martial arts. So, choosing the right kids martial arts Perth school becomes very important. If you search carefully, you might actually be able to locate certain traditional martial art training schools, which will combine the discipline of the past and the time schematic of the present. All you need is a keen searching eye and of course, dedication.
Types of Martial art
Before you select a martial art classes or school in Australia, you have to decide upon which specific form of martial art interests you the most. There are a number of options like striking martial arts, grappling martial arts and mixed martial arts, only to name a few. You should take your pick according to your interest and of course, availability of accessible schools.
There is a basic difference between gym and kickboxing. If you hit the gym regularly, you might be able to lose weight, but there is no denying that the process is pretty dull. It involves the same kind of exercises using the same tools over and over again.
Nevertheless, if you go kickboxing, you would actually be working out in a variety of ways. Some days, you might be given pad work, some days you can do bag work and at every interval, you can do diverse kinds of cardio vascular exercises that will not only increase your fitness but also add to the fun factor. Being different and enjoyable, kickboxing moves are much more intense than gym exercises. So naturally, your fitness quotient increases radically and you will burn more calories than you would have, at a gym.
Kickboxing is not just about fitness, it is actually an effective weapon for self defense. Once you start learning, you would realize that so long, you had not known at least ten to twelve functions of your elbows, knees, fists and feet that would help you defend yourself in a critical situation. Kickboxing in Australia will teach you that every part of your body is your strength, your weapon and not your weakness. It will increase your self defense instincts even under pressure or exhaustion.
Points to Remember
Before your start looking up for a martial arts school, you should try to follow a few points closely-
- Identify your goals. Ask yourself, “Why do I want to do this? How will this benefit me?”
- Learning something as beautiful and difficult as a martial art is bound to make you feel good. However, in most cases, you would need a stronger stimulus to keep you going. So better, find at least one to motivate yourself.
- Often, amateur learners lose interest and stamina within two three months of practice. Therefore, you will need a lot of determination and dedication, if you want to follow this through.
- Maintain a budget plan but do not be too rigid. Sometimes, you need to pay a bit more to get the best results.
If you are still thinking about going to gym instead, well, you must be looking only for exercise. Martial art is a thing of beauty. It is not named martial ‘art’ for no reason. So go ahead and try your hands at martial arts, you will surely fall in love with it, sooner than later.